Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This was just the beginning

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since we were denied visas for our move to France. Let's just say I learned that traveling with a husband on military orders does not speed the process up, and sometimes it takes the intervention of a higher (ranking) power to fix the problem. In our case, it took 8 weeks to fix the problem, but fixed it was, so on 25 October 2008, we set off for a "new" life in Toulon France. When I say new, I mean that really my life was pretty much the same. I had the same husband...who beat me to France by a week, and the same four adorable daughters...all under 6. What was new was pretty much everything else....the house, the language, the friends, the city, the bus, the French etc. etc. I am sure that there is no way I can do this past year or the coming year justice, but I will try. Oh, and I hope to really do the coming year justice, as I am sure that there will be many, many more exciting and laughable (well, eventually laughable) adventures. Allez!

No comments:

Post a Comment