Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Once again, Mother of the Year



The littlest duckling recently broke her arm. She fell from the top of our plastic play structure head first. Several years ago, the play set was a gift to the biggest duckling from Nonna. Nonna feels very guilty it caused a trip to the emergency room. I am just glad it happened here and not in the US. The Big Duck and his duckling were home from the ER within an hour and a half, Xrays, cast and all. After the plaster ER cast they put on the cast shown in the photo. It is made of a plastic mesh that they heat and then mold to the arm. Hers actually goes to the shoulder, but I did not get a good photo. Worst of all, in an attempt to make up for not immortalizing the event in photos, I washed the little cast (after removal of course) in the dishwasher....ooops. It melted. It melted to all the parts of the dishwasher. I had to use the hairdryer to heat it and pry it off. Now, in her keepsake box, my littlest duckling will have a blob of beige plastic. Someday, I am sure, she will ask what it is. Hopefully, I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment